Tuesday 29 March 2011

Lil' Bits of This and That

Hello!  How are you?


I've been getting a couple of my paintings ready for selection day for the Great Sheffield Art Show.  Harbour is now ready to go, in a gorgeous deep beechwood frame, I'm delighted with it and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets chosen.  The other one I'm considering putting in is The Evening Stroll, because Spring is still not completed - it's at that stage where it needs a bit of figuring out and leaving alone, and so rather than rush it and perhaps spoil it, I felt that one of my other most favourite paintings in the universe would suffice:


What do you reckon? :)
 
Another thing I'm soaking up and loving recently is this fabulous new book by Jennifer Lee.  Now let me just say something about business books.  They used to bore me senseless.  I used to visit the business section of a book store to find something to educate my rather un-educated business brain; I'd take out those boring tomes that were very black and white, and chock full of business plans, charts, graphs and basically ding dang brain numbing, uninspiring chapters that made my heart sink.  Those books had the ability to make me feel like I'd never cut it in the harsh world of business.


Well here's the thing.  It's not all about power dressing and understanding Wall Street. I mean really, did you know business people do not have to wear suits!! Hoorah!! Of course we don't, you can give me a kaftan and a pair of flared jeans any day rather than that :) But seriously, Creative People need a different sort of business guidance, and oh this is it!! I've discovered some rather fantastic creatively based biz books along the way since those uninspiring bibles from way back when, but this is one of the best yet.  Suddenley business is fun, it's colourful and it's...exciting!!! Oh Yes Mama it is!!

If I've roused your curiosity a bit by my excitable waffling, you can take a peek inside this wonderful book for yourselves right here and you can visit Jennifer's fantabulous website here too.

I feel at this point in proceedings, that you may well be wondering where on earth the Ta~Dahhh moment was that I mentioned at the end of my last post...well, I have had a slight hold up in that I have run out of wool with only a few stitches to go.  Oh the frustration!! I really thought I'd have enough, so for now the Ta~Dahhh is postponed until I can get myself into town to replenish the stocks!!


In my next post, (which I'll be putting up on the 31st) it will be Gallery Day for the Being Creative group.  I'm really excited by the work that's already being appearing in our Flickr Group and am looking forward to seeing other work that individual souls might wish to share from their blog/Flickr links.  There will be a link widget for you to do this on Thursday, and of course, anyone who has already posted pictures in the Flickr group will be encouraged to share links to their work to create a Garden Gallery that everyone can look at via the widget.

I do hope you'll come by to see what we've all been up to - and if you haven't already signed up, you are absolutely most welcome to join us anytime along the way.  Just click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to add your name to the list.
I'll see you on Thursday!  Hope the sun is shining for you today ~ sending love
Julia x

7 comments:

  1. Just thought I would tell you that after this posting there was the 'Being Creative' one, but when I clicked on it to have a look, a blogger message came on screen telling me it wasn't available! Don't you just love technology?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paintings. The colour and detail is wonderful.
    Thanks for the comment. I would love to be able to speak Spanish. With a Spanish husband you think that it wouldn't be a problem. He however will not teach me. We like to call him manana man, typical Spaniard.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia! That painting with the fox and the hen house is wonderful! I love the your lovely idea with the animals and the colours!
    I was waiting so exited this 'Being Creative' and now I don't know if I have time to do anything...2 days to go...we'll see!
    Thank you for interesting post and information! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your paintings very much Julia! The Harbour print I bought from you recently is next in line to be framed! The one you showed here looks lovely. Good luck reading the 'business book'...I do not have a good business head - wish I did!!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paintings are gorgeous. Good luck Julia! Shall look forward to the ta-daaaaa moment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, that's twice today I've heard about this Jennifer Lee book - thanks for the tip...will go and read up on her. :) ps. loving your art. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. both very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...