Tuesday 14 April 2009

Just the tonic!

Hello!

Long time no see! I hope you're all well :)

So, Im finally back from my trip to Suffolk...it was delighful! While I was away, we went to some lovely places. On the weekend we drove to Old Felixstowe where the sun shone and despite a cool spring wind we came home from our walk (which ended at a lovely old pub slurping on shandy's) with pink cheeks and noses! The children played on the sand and I stood at the water's edge inhaling the delicious salty air (which is very good for the soul).


We also went to Southwold which is one of my favourite places on the east coast - a lovely stretch of beach to picnic on and play games, and up in the town, a cluster of delicious and inviting shops and galleries, all overlooked by the old white lighthouse!


We also visited farms and lakes, had shopping expeditions and time just lazing in the warm spring sunshine in my sisters lovely garden - it all added up to the perfect little holiday.


Anyway, now Im home and Im ready to get busy again.
First thing I need to do is spend some time in the garden, things are growing very fast here in the seed trays on our window sill and I still have many things to sow and re-pot. Yesterday evening I took a turn around our little garden and spied lots of magical happenings, new shoots appearing and masses of succulent leaves the colour of fresh limes where only a week ago were bare brown twigs.

I was also delighted to come home to find our little cherry tree in full bloom...

Whilst on my holiday, I worked on my summer garden blanket, but I couldn't resist popping into Wibbling Wools in Bury St Edmunds to stock up on supplies for my next project, which is going to be a cushion cover. Inspired by the coast, I picked sea blues and greens, and a delicious french lavender shade and all I need to do now is get my cushion pad and i'll be off! Hurrah!

On the painting front...yes, getting round to that topic eventually - I am glad to have had the break from being in the same room as my work, and now Im back, Im looking at my pictures with fresh eyes...I feel more connected with where I want to take my work now so Im going to be making some time to finish them by the end of the month and get them framed up ready for the selection day in May.

Plenty of time...right? (chuckle :)

Another thing thats on the cards is a summer fair with the Craft Candy group. This is one Id love to take part in and as its in July and I think Ive got enough time to build up my stock levels by then.

Phew...all these lovely things to be getting on with - never mind the ironing pile eh?! Life is for living and enjoying and right now Im going to do a spot of gardening with the little one, and never mind the crumpled clothes!

Sending scoops of time, for all your favourite things today.

With love

J x

5 comments:

  1. Great to have you back Julia. Your break looks just what the doctor ordered. I'm ready for a spot of sea air myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have had a lovely Easter break and time away doing things you enjoy. I look forward to seeing any new art work that you produce. Have a wonderful week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! so glad you are back all refreshed ~ You sound very bright~eyed and bushy~tailed. I love the Seascapes, pink blossoms and blue wool :o)
    can't wait to see what is happing in your garden and studio!
    xx
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  4. A greak is often what you need when things feel stale, you look like you had a lovely time.
    I am really excited about the allotment, I managed to steal a couple of hours down there yesterday afternoon. It actually looks like a proper plot now, rather then wasteland! I'm all for guerilla gardening BTW, keep planting!
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...