Tuesday 19 May 2009

After the rain

A stunning blue parrot tulip just in bloom...see the irridescent ring of blue deep inside the flower?
This is for each of you...
THANK YOU to all of you for your lovely comments on my blog of late - and to apologise if I haven't yet had the chance to call in on you, I do so enjoy reading your delicious blogs and often spend far too much time than I ought to devouring favourites and finding new ones. Please know that I treasure every little thought you take the time to write, and that you stop by and read what Im writing...well, I can't express how nice that feels :)

Ive been a little bit busy these last few days, on Sunday though, we had a little ride out into Derbyshire and discovered a little car boot sale at Bamford, before driving on to Castleton (so pretty) and having a rather spontaneous lunch in a nice old pub. It started raining heavily as we were finishing our meal, but on leaving the pub it had eased off somewhat and the sun was smiling weakly through turbulent white clouds above the Winnats Pass. It was one of those lovely moments where you dont mind getting wet - big, fat ploopy blobs of rain splattered on our heads and into the little stream and the air was warm and still. I splashed in puddles (water in the crocs and soaked rainbow socks but caring not a jot -the little one shreiked with delight and held her palms up to catch the drops.

On our return home, I couldn't help but take a picture of this:

Isn't that just beautiful??

And down the garden, spring is bursting out all over the place, thanks to the daily downpours and odd storms we keep getting.

This week finds me making up lots of cards for the cafe, and also (hurrah!) my table at the Candyfloss Summer Fair! Yes, I received the email Id been waiting for to tell me I could indeed take part so now I begin creating like a demon for that - its not til the 18th July so quite a bit of time to get prepared and for any of you who can make it down, its going to be in the Long Gallery at the Millenium Galleries in Sheffield. For more info, you can click on the Craft Candy link there in the side bar and find out all about it.

Talking of cards....

I have just set up a special offer on my art print cards, where you can buy a selection pack of 5 cards (135 x 135mm size) for the lovely price of just £8.00 (individual cards this size are usually £1.95) There is also free P&P with this offer. I print all my images onto archival matte paper, (which is then mounted onto a high quality white card)with archival inks so you might even put them in a little frame, thats if you dont send them to all your friends! :) The other thing about these cards that Id like to mention, is that 50p from the sale of Each One goes to the Down's Syndrome Association. My little nephew Oliver was born with Down's Syndrome and it makes me very happy that I can help to support them after all the help and support they have given to my sister and her family.

If you click on Little Red, the link will take you to the page.


The website had had a little overhaul of late, and Im hoping if you visit, you will find it easier to navigate.

Last but not least....

Today, I was delighted to see that Id been given a blog award from the lovely Mel at 'A Country Dream' Thank you so much dear soul, it was very thoughtful of you to send that to me and its very much appreciated! (happy jigs of joy :)


To keep the joy a-flowing, I would like to send this award out to the following 10 (as say the rules):

That wasn't easy! I wanted to pick all of you.
I hope the sun is shining on you today, its cracking the pavements here (when they're not flooded). Im looking forward to a spot of crochet this evening to unwind, working on two websites tires me out, and Ive got to conserve all my energy-oh yes, the nephews, sis and her hub arrive at the weekend, it is my little girl's 2nd birthday next tuesday and there is a little party to arrange, cakes to be baked (here we go again :) so I need to grab the little moments of solitude when I can this week.
Sending pockets of tranquility to you, rainbow coloured buttons and iced peach tea.
With love
J xxx

12 comments:

  1. Many thanks for my lovely award!! I love your post (as usual). Please remind me nearer the time when it is the craft fair as I want to come along and do a bit of "special " shopping. A few of my friends are also 50 this year so I want to get them something handmade and different. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, just found your blog via Diane at ' Heartshaped' . I so love your work, you are very talented. Will be adding you to my list of blogs i love ! x noelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on the Art Space blog, congratulations on getting your lovely pics accepted for the Great Sheffield Art Show. Will be visiting again in future. Best wishes.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Thank you so very much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely of you Julia. Thank you.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, I am so glad you popped over to my blog today so that I was able to find you too! You have a lovely blog and I really liked your flowers you posted today. Mmmmmm lovely colours. I do hope we can keep in touch! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award Julia. I love the word 'ploopy' when you spoke about rain. I shall use the word ploopy often!!! Well done for getting accepted for the craft fair. I will pop over and have a look at your art cards later in the week when I have more time!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for my lovely award....I used to love I just got in from the last show which was so good it made me cry...so it is all worth it....thanks for your kind comments...I feel really nervouse about the fair in case no one likes my things..I love the tulip they are my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you like your award Julia. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I found your blog. Your art work is so wonderful, cheery and "upliftingly" innocent. Love it! I'm hooked and will surely be back to keep track of what you are up to! :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia
    Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for mine! Very much appreciated!!!
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post.
    Well done on your cards and some of the money going to such a good cause too! I am about to go and have a look at them now.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia! Wow! Thanks so much for my award!! I'm really flattered. :~)
    I hope you have fun getting ready for your little girl's big two year birthday party. :~)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...