Wednesday 29 April 2015

New work and an Exhibition



Just dropping in to say a quick Hello as you might have been thinking it had gone a little quiet around here.   The reason for this is that I'm creating some new pieces for a local exhibition I'm going to be part of, in collaboration with Hen's Teeth Arts & Crafts Group.  It's over in Penistone, which is not too far from me and a lovely wee place to wander around. 

If you would like to see my new paintings, you will find them at The Art House Cafe, Deli and Gallery by the church from the 11th May.  It's a great place to meet up for coffee and cake with friends, the food is great and the staff are fabulously friendly and accomodating, so well worth a visit if just to sample their goodies!

The piece above is my latest work, it's called 'Yorkshire Tea' and symbolises everything that I remember from a family teatime in my Sheffield home.   I'm sure any local people reading this will recognise a few familiar and nostalgic items on the table (didn't everyone in Sheffield have Hendersons Relish on the table and a copy of the The Star newspaper come teatime?).

There are a few more works like this on the cards, I'm thoroughly enjoying them, and hope you like them too.


6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your photos of your work, good luck with your exhibition. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting Julia, I hope you enjoy the exhibition.

    I used to get Henderson's relish when I lived next door to a Yorkshire lass, in the 80s, I wish I could still get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I believe you can order it online these days...tempted? :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Yes, I do like that new painting! It does tug at my emotions, though I'm not from your country, it still reminds me of days gone by. I like the sound of the Art Café, Deli, Gallery. I daydream about that sort of place---imagining what if I cooperated such a place. Best wishes with the exhibition. Alexine in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexine, thank you for your kind comments about my work, I'm pleased to hear you like the painting! Have a nice day, Julia xxx

      Delete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...