Tuesday 31 May 2011

Being Creative Gallery Check In ~ May

Hello Friends


It's time for the Being Creative Group to share their marvellous work again!  This month's theme was 'Home'.  I have been loving the work that has appeared in our Flickr Group, there has been some very inspiring and different styles emerging, and I'm delighted that you have taken the time to join in, and to share your creativity with us all. I'd also like to take the time to welcome the newer members of the group - it's great to have you join us!

So...I have a confession to make.

I did not take part this month.  You may have noticed that my little blog has been rather quiet of late, and the reason for this is that I've had a break from pretty much everything.  I wrote a few weeks back how I was studying some creative business courses, planning new work, writing my creativity e-book, along with keeping my family fed, watered and happy...and well, you all know how it goes.  There's only so much we can do, and I knew that I'd taken a bit too much on.  I had some great ideas for this month's theme, but I just didn't have the energy to carry them out.  I have spent the past week or so just gently moving through each day.  Business courses and the like have been shelved and the urgency to complete them removed - I was sleeping 10 hours a night and still feeling as if I'd not been to bed upon waking...it was time to assess this crazy overwhelm for real and to do that I had to step back from everything I'd tied myself up with.

So that's the reason why I haven't taken part - maybe I'll come back to the theme again - I'm not sure.  However, one of the rules of this project is that it's flexible - you take part, or you don't - I guess as the host of it I feel some kind of responsibility to lead the troops and have something to show each month, which will help to spur others on, and to encourage new people to join in.
I'm sorry if I've let anyone down, but I do hope that you understand (I'm sure you do, you're  a lovely bunch!).

So, here we go - the theme for May was Home as you know.   
For those of you who would like to share your work via your blog/Flickr or other photo hosting webpage, then you are very welcome to add your link to the widget below (please just link to the page your work features on).  Don't forget to use the whole caboodle of http://www...etc or else the link won't work.  

Anyone who has already posted in the Flickr Group are also encouraged to share your images in the gallery here too!  It's going to be wonderful to have a monthly source to access everyone's work ~ and please don't be shy about sharing...encouragement and support is the key to growing in confidence with your creativity, and although it can feel a little scary, I think you will feel a huge sense of achievement when you share your work and get feedback from the other participants or blog readers here.


You will be able to add your 'HOME' themed work to the gallery here until the end of June.  There is a list in the sidebar so that the gallery pages are easier for you to find.

For those of you who are working on the project and don't have the facility to share pictures of your work, then you are welcome to add your thoughts about your creative journey so far in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on taking part in the Being Creative Project, so please do share or feel free to email me privately.
The theme for June is OCEAN

You can post your work freely in the Flickr group as and when you like, don't forget to make use of the Discussion facility if you have any questions, or require some support.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done - thank you so much for sharing the vibrant, colourful energy of your glorious creations! 

Julia x

 


16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, thanks so much for hosting this amazing project - I had lots of fun this month. Especially after missing Dessert in April.
    I hope you are starting to feel rested and inspired - it certainly sounds like you have been super busy :-)
    Cheers
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed your hadnt added & wouldn’t have questioned it if I had. Its work enough that your running it & taking the time to give encouraging feed back. Being given a monthly brief reminds me of being a student again which is great. Unless I have a commission I have a tendency leave work unfinished but your project pushes me to see it through to the end so thank you very much, love Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie and Joanne,
    Thank you very much for your kind words this morning, and thank you for sharing your lovely work and being a part of the group. It is such a pleasure to see how people interpret the themes, and I'm still quite blown away that people are taking part at all to be honest! :)
    I hope to be inspired by Ocean this coming month, it's one of my favourite subjects so Im hoping I can come up with something!

    Big love
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you'll take as much time out as is necessary, no need to burn yourself out.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, like you, I have not been able to work on the theme for May. Work has been eating up my time and for now, I am on sick leave for a couple of weeks. Trying to get a lot of rest and clearing my head again.
    I look forward to doing something with the Ocean theme, as I love the sea.
    Take care! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just created an art journal page about home so I'll try and add the photo. I love looking at how people have their own takes on a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sadly another one who was unable to complete anything for Home... I look forward to seeing others creations tho :)
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia! When we feel too tired and even sleep is not enough, we should have a brake - but often still we try to do all the things we have programmed ourselves to do! Enjoy being lazy!
    I didn't have any time for this month's theme, even I loved it and wanted so much to join!
    'Ocean' is very inviting theme, too!
    Have a lovely time!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you have been overcome by the overwhelmingness Julia, but so pleased that you have been able to set such a good example of being able to say 'no' and of being flexible in being creative. Hopefully by starting to step back and reassess your many and varied activities you will be able to recharge, and reclaim the important things.
    Thinking of you during the process and looking forward to you bouncing back, revitalised....on the crest of an ocean wave perhaps?!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to say Thank You for your heart warming messages - this is such a lovely group and it's a pleasure to be getting to know all of you through your work and your words.
    Big Thank You's for your kindnes and understanding, I'm taking time to prioritise and balance (one of the downfalls of being a creative sort is that I am easily seduced by the huge array of ideas that I get on a daily basis, and forget that as well as an artist, Im also a Mum).
    Off to balance myself some more with a big mug of chamomile tea in the garden now.

    Have gorgeous, sunshiny days dear friends. Sending love~
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia I know how you feel. I have felt so tired and overwhelmed lately too. I do want to be part of the Being Creative project but haven't submitted anything as yet!!! Take care Julia and have a great month of June! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia Hope you are feeling more refreshed and rested. It's too easy to become overwhelmed with a freelance art career and a child and a home...sometimes you just have to take a break. Am still enjoying your pictures on my mantlepiece and other people have admired them too, especially one of my daughters who adores the seaside as much as me! Take care.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simone and Helen, thank you for writing :)
    Don't worry either Simone, the beauty of this project is the flexibility of it and the fact that you can join in as you feel called to do so - I hope you too are feeling a little better soon. Look after yourself x
    Helen, you are very right on all counts and I'm taking advantage of the half term holiday to really unwind! Glad to hear that my wee pictures have some admirers, and that you are still enjoying them! Much love to you both, J x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello lovely Julia!

    I too have missed out on last months theme, but have enjoyed looking at all the lovely creations on flickr!

    Sometimes life simply hits you hard from all angles, and it's a struggle enough just to cope with the basics, let alone all the other stuff we choose to take on for the fun of it!!!!

    Like you say, you just have to prioritise and take time out to recharge!

    I am having to do that at the moment as I am finding my body is telling me it's time to slow down and take a breather. So I am taking things slowly for the moment!

    Have a super rest of a week...it is always such a joy to pop on over and visit you!

    Take care

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, you seem to squeeze in so much! Thankyou for inspiring others we totally understand if you needed to step back for a while. Great to see you here again. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the article. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...